Golden Peach Pie Recipe
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches (about 5 medium)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice, orange peel and extract. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and salt. Add to peach mixture; toss gently to coat. Pour into crust; dot with butter.
- 2. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; make decorative cutouts in pastry. Set cutouts aside. Place top crust over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Brush pastry and cutouts with milk; place cutouts on top of pie. Cover the edges loosely with foil.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes. Remove foil; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 425 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein