- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1. Brush egg white over pastry shell; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine flour and sugars; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Sprinkle two-thirds into pastry; top with peaches. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and peaches are tender.Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 354 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein